Saturday, December 24, 2011

Where and How to obtain a Catalytic Converter for calif. OBD II?

Where or how should I buy a replacement catalytic converter for my 2000 Chevy-s10. My catalytic was stolen, not damaged. And I will not still one either. I read the following off the internet, but I want to ask real people like you. What should I do? Any sites? Any personal experiences?





Any catalytic converter offered for an OBD II equipped automobile (mostly 1996 and newer vehicles) is legal for sale in "49 states", but not in California.





The California Air Resources Board (CARB) has not certified any new, aftermarket catalytic converter from any manufacturer for use or sale in California on an OBD II equipped vehicle.





Until CARB certifies an aftermarket converter, no company can legally supply a new, aftermarket catalytic converter for OBD II equipped vehicles for use or sale in California.|||Have you tried going to the Chevy dealership. GM should be able to get you an OEM converter.|||I dont think that is true. Many companies and exhaust business sell or replace catalytic converters. OBDII came in around 1995, this is a huge amount of vehicles you are talking about. I know companies make aftermarket OEM cats for pre 2002 and other vehicles. I like the quality of dealership parts, but it will run you around $600-700 for the part alone. I just got one for a 2001 Pontiac 2.4L and it was $650 after a discount. The vehicle passed CA. SMOG with the cat on it.|||check muffler shops like Midas and Meinke and see where they get their cats from... If they say dealer only item.. unfortuneately that is what you are looking at..





But Basically I don't think there is usually any difference between cali cats and other non california state cats.. mainly it's usually programming in the processor of the cars and the addition of a few more sensors/such

No comments:

Post a Comment