Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Catalytic Converter?

II had my check engine soon light come on so I took my car to a repair shop. When the test was done I was told by the repair shop that I needed to replace my catalytic converter on the car. I was also told that the Mitsubishi Mirage 2001 that I have has two converters and i needed to replace the one in front under the manifold. I was also told that the part would cost me $800.00 and was only sold at the dealership. Is this true and can I get a converter for the front cheaper|||Shop around. If your lucky you can find one else where. Usually them garages don't pull your leg like that.|||yes its true, had the same problem..there must be a way around it though...like a few yrs. ago you could either have the insides knocked out, or just replace it with a piece of straight pipe !!! now ?????? good luck.|||they are feeding you a line.shop around and iam pretty sure you can find 1 cheaper.$800.00,thats outragious price.|||This is bullshit. I was told i needed a catalytic converter but was smart enough to realize that i need to think myself. I got the spark plugs replaced instead, and it solved the problem. A catalytic converter should not be that expensive. Shop around. MOST IMPORTANTLY, GO ASK OTHER MECHANICS!!|||A catalytic converter is part of the exhaust system, it's purpose is to completely burn any remaining gas from the exhaust. It is possible that an actual Mitsubishi c.c. for your car costs that much but if that price tag scares you as bad as it scares me then you can try and look for a generic one. Good luck.|||don't listen to these people...The complete exhaust system is GUARANTEED for 10 years by federal law....The dealer MUST replace any parts that go bad...not kidding,|||They do go bad, and dealers are very expensive. They will also eventually plug up and you will not be able to start your car. I found that muffler shops sell and install very reasonable. Usually under 200.00..Good luck..Call Midas or Mieneke.|||Have you had anyone put a diagnostic machine on your car to see if the oxygen sensor is bad? Some companies make a converter test pipe to replace the catalyic converter. It depends on what state you live in wether or not you can remove the converter, check your local salvage yard for a converter.|||thats not true.you should take it to auto zone thay can tell you what up with the car.thay have one on ebay i just on there|||You can get a cheapper one, but does any body know why all of a sudden these c.c. are going bad!!! NO then I'll tell you if you notice this is the gas that has been under storage you can store gas so long right!! we'll they put stabilizers in the gas so it won't break down-- what does stabilizers say on the bottle (DON"T USE ON CATALYST CONVERTERS)!!!!THAT WAS WHEN THE GAS SKY ROCKETED WITH HIGHEST PRICES!!! so far i've have fixed 12 peoples cars and the culprit was the c.c.and once the c.c. gets hot and you run over water it cracks the honey comb thats in them now days!! It is made that way to break the shops and car inventory industry make money off of consummer's!! mery x-mas

No comments:

Post a Comment