Saturday, December 24, 2011

Can I block the Catalytic Converter hole in my 1993 Grand Cherokee?

I have rattling going on in my catalytic converter, I bought the new one from Schuck's but the one they gave me has a place for the O2 sensor after the Cat. The one in my truck has the nothing after the Cat. Can i just put a bolt in the hole?|||yes you put a bolt in the hole and tighten|||If you need to modify it, It's best to take it down to a muffler shop where they can weld a piece of piping on. chances are if that area for the o2 sensor means it may be too long anyway. They could either put a patch over the hole or cut of a small section of the pipe altogether to ensure it's the proper length.





To be honest, they probably wouldn't even charge you but 20 bucks to do it.|||Go back to the store and check if they look up the right one. If that's what they have, then go to another store and get the right one.





btw, yeah, you can just put a bolt to plug it up. Doesn't mean one day it won't rattle off.

No comments:

Post a Comment