Tuesday, December 20, 2011

If I cut off my catalytic converter will my check engine light come on?

I have a 2000 Camaro. The stock catalytic converter rattles and sounds terrible, I want to cut it off and weld a pipe in its place. If I do this will the o2 sensors freak out and make my check engine light go on or something? Some information would be nice, and if doing this would make my check engine light come on, how do I get it to turn off? And yes I know it is illegal.|||yes, your check engine light will come immediately. Your O2 sensor(s) will burn out causing the trip. Best thing to do is secure the Cat properly. Also, you won't pass an emission test for your state inspection.|||Well come ppl dont have money to put new **** on their cars and trucks...mine is getting cut off as we speak and a flexi or plexi pipe will be put on and clamped on! We live in the south and dont have inspection...we do it country here or it aint done...lmao

Report Abuse


|||Blah Environment Blah Inspection Blah... Your check engine light will come on but there is a module (MIL) that you plug into your O2 sensor that will get rid of the check engine light.


Here it is on Ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLOX-02-C鈥?/a> |||The fact that it's illegal ought to be enough of an answer without having to dig any further. Don't they check auto emissions in your state? And I won't even mention the fact that other people care more about breathing clean air than they do about whether your car rattles. |||yes your check engine light will come on. Cat converters don't rob power like they did in the early 80's. Just have an aftermarket one welded up at a muffler shop. If you are concerned about power just get a performance one. good luck!|||its illegal depending on where you live i cut mine off and i still passed inspection it sure feel goods living in the south plus you will get added power with it off |||you will go to jail with murderers and rapists. your car will run bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment