Tuesday, December 20, 2011

If I buy a performance catalytic converter, do I have to tell my insurance company?

I am thinking about installing a performance catalytic converter on my 99 sebring convertible jxi. I was wondering if i had to tell my insurance company about it and if it would effect my premium.|||Iam not sure of the first persons response, car makers sell these cars to meet emissions and power


restrictions and also many cars from before January 2005 where sold in Japan de-tuned hence tuners picking these cars up and adding simple mods to those cars to allow them to run at there true engine power IE Nissan Skyline GTR sold as 280bhp actual true running around 600bhp and further with mods.





Anyway do you tell your insurance i would and to be fair my insurance company have been fine with certain mods.|||no, but unless you have a five hundred horsepower engine, you are wasting money needlessly, There is so much sorry worthless crap for sale its unreal, people hear something or read something that works on expensive high performance engines and think they will get a hundred horsepower from a worthless chip, or plastic sewerpipe with a filter stuck to it, its truely sad, First I suggest you research, and find out why you think your car, engineered by someone with lots of time and experience managed to miss, and put the wrong cat on your car?|||Nope, only if you put on turbo or superchargers but also remember that the vehicle will need to pass Canada's emissions laws so make sure that the converter will do that..

No comments:

Post a Comment